Current Sales:
Check my store front at my personal store for current sales, and raffle information. Don't forget to check out all my kits at
Wicked Princess Scraps If you happen to find a FTU kit that has a bum link, please email me or contact my fan page! I'll be happy to fix it. :)


Thursday, October 11, 2012

Freebie Alert! "through the looking glass" A Suicide Awareness Kit




This kit has such a huge meaning to me as well as to many I know.

Growing up my mom had a horrible accident that left her disabled and traumatized. There would be 3 times over a few years where she would attempt to kill herself. Each time thank the heavens she was not successful. When I became pregnant with my oldest daughter Otelia, she told me that Otelia saved her life. Those words were so powerful! She was nearing the lows again and would have tried once again had it not been for Otelia's appearance in our lives. A few years later she passed away from a heart attack. But I'm so thankful for those years we had her.

For myself, I was suicidal at the age of 14. Because of the trauma of the abuse and bullying I went through. It would haunt me for several more years. I too believe my children saved me.

2 and a half years ago, my cousin Greg who was only 2 years older than me, killed himself. There were no "signs" in fact he was a very successful Assistant Fire Chief. He had become closer to my youngest daughter who loved the old show "Emergency" and they used to talk about it lol. He even knew one of the actors personally. He promised to get his autograph for Mae :) We had both lost our mom's and we had that bond. He was just one of those people who would do anything for anyone. God how I miss him! He suffered from a deep depression and one day he succumbed to it. I'll never forget him, and will always love him forever. I don't hate him for leaving us, I just wish I could have saved him.

Recently, a dear close friend of mine attempted. She was damned near successful and I fully believe it was a miracle she is still with us. I won't go into a lot of details, but I will say this. What she went through, well what "we" went through (I say that because of the few that it effected the most) we have become so much closer, our bond is tighter and she has a better view on why she's here in the world. we've learned to rely on each other for support and help. What her "mistake" brought was a lot of learning, understanding and deep faith renewing. I thank God for her, for a few others whom are effected every day by the the haunting of the temporary fix to a very real problem.

So this kit is for Greg, my friends, my mom, for myself and for anyone who is truly effected by any mental illness, and walks that edge so close. May peace be with you in some form and you can seek the help you need!

My name and theme of the kit is basically "through the looking glass" and means that even if you are looking through the window into the darkness or through the mirror, there is light. You jus thave to be able to find it or even WANT to find it. Please enjoy!

Please if you are in need of help  Call the suicide hotline 1-800-273-8255 .

My amazing and beautiful friend Gina also made one! She actually has two on her blog and you can find it HERE

GET THE KIT HERE

Please enjoy!






12 comments:

  1. My dad killed himself two years ago... Thank you so much for this. hugs for you, and Sorry you dealt with all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful kit. Suicide is a silent disease that needs more awareness so people know that they can get help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ ♥ Thank you for sharing your story and for the kit, Shani!
    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this beautiful kit. This is also a cause near and dear to me on a number of levels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanking u ...
    just to share the soft smile i got while reading your post, Emergency is now on a 'retro' channel i watch ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! This is another kit that I can definitely use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from Australia. May you know no more sorrows. Thanks for sharing your amazing creativity and awareness Kits with us. Much appreciated. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you dear for this kit ... we lost our Son to suicide 5 months ago ... life will never be the same . Thank you for all of your Awareness kits.... hugs bev aka Triple_e

    ReplyDelete